Hey there dancers and welcome back to another From The Top blog post! Today we will be sharing our go-to bedtime practice circuit. This circuit is a short routine of stretches, strengthening and technique practices that you can do at the end of every day to hone your skills quickly. This routine is perfect if you’ve had a busy day but still want to get some practice in as quickly as possible. So today we’ll be sharing our favorite and most effective moves for this circuit, as well as diving into the benefits of each one. Let’s get started!
BedTime Ballet Practice Circuit
- Plies (1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th) – Plies are the perfect way to start out any ballet practice. It allows our body to ease into the routine, preparing it for what else is on the way.
- Releves – Let’s continue to keep those ankles nice and strong with adding in a few releves into our circuit! Start out with 4 releves in first position, followed by 4 releves in coupe on the right, then 4 releves in coupe on the left, ending with 4 more relves in first position, finishing with a balance in first position for 8 counts.
- Tendus – One more move to work out those feet! From a parallel position, let’s do 4 tendus on the right foot, followed by 4 tendus on the left. Then we’ll turn out to first position, starting with 4 tendus on the right foot, followed by 4 tendus on the left foot. Now let’s take it to the back with 4 tendus on the right, followed by the left. Finally, we’ll take it back to first position, with 4 tendus on the right, and finally, 4 tendus on the left.
Now let’s hit a few quick stretches to work out our hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, as well as our upper and lower back!
- Standing Toe Stretch – 8 seconds stretching down the center, right and left.
- Sitting Toe Stretch – 10 seconds with feet flexed and 10 second with feet pointed.
- Straddle – 12 seconds stretches towards each leg and down the middle.
- Knee To Chest – 10-12 seconds on each leg.
- Pigeon Stretch – 10 seconds each leg.
- Split – Hold for 10-15 seconds.
- Cobra – Hold for 10 seconds
- Heel Stretch – Hold for 10 seconds on each leg.
We really hope you all have a blast with this bedtime practice circuit! As always, we wish you an abundance of love and light as you head into this weekend. We’ll see you in the next blog post!